fam bam

fam bam

10/16/08

12 inches less of me...

No, I am not talking about my body(SIGH!), but I am talking about my hair...Can you believe that I cut a foot of hair off....I know, how ridiculous to have it that long, but I am excited to say that I cut off enough to donate to Locks of Love...
What an awesome and emotional experience...I know it sounds silly, but it was time for a change and just knowing that my hair hopefully will go to someone who can use it more than me makes me happy...What actually happened is that the girl who colors my moms hair does the makeovers for Arizona's channel 3 local news station every week...She told my mom that she needed someone to be her model for the show, and my mom suggested me...I was so nervous but excited...I had no idea or intention of cutting that much off, but it is a makeover show so she convinced me...It was crazy fighting off the the pictures and signing autographs...so is the life of a celebrity....(He He)...Just joking if you couldn't tell...more like 15 seconds....It was super fun to have hair and make-up done...Especially since those are thing that I rarely do....Below is a picture of the "Crew" Robert is the owner of the salon, next to him is Keri (in the blue) she is the one who cut my hair, then there is me, and Kylee...she also had a makeover (with Robert), and at the end is the girl who did our make-up (I forgot her name..oops!) ....

BTW...I didn't get the "Black pants" memo...I am feeling a little left out!!

8 comments:

  1. Without Jose Eber? Do you ever just cut your hair like a normal person? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair cutting schedule, every 12 or 13 years! I love the shorter 'do but I confess I love your hair long, it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! That is crazy! You are famous! :) I love the Cut! And I miss seeing you, i have just been @ home with the little man! Maybe I will go to sacrament this sunday! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice `do. I love it. Before you know it the 12 inches will be back and some lucky recipient will have it yet again. Cut it, cut it often is my motto. It's fun to change it up and you're lucky you have thick, healthy hair that grows and grows.

    As for the black pants...couldn't stop laughing. Kinda one of those TV musts...TV adds 10, black pants subtract a couple, there you have it. TV math.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...your hair ALWAYS looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie....you're beautiful always! I didn't realize there was 12" to cut off and the remainder still looks long. The black pants caused a little giggle for me too!
    When in doubt the black pant outfit or the little black dress with pearls....big smile! You're the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! And what a good thing you did! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it...looks great.

    We're going private...see my blog for an invite.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete