fam bam

fam bam

10/7/08

These things make me smile.....

These pictures make me smile...My sis-in-law got these super cute shots of the kids playing outside...I feel so lucky!! They make me think of one of the few talks I was able to listen to from conference. I love the one from Pres. Monson that talked about change. He talked about how our lives are constantly changing, and to love every moment because it will soon pass; and if we are not careful we will miss it...He talked about how we, at times, can be obsessed with cleaning up the toys or the little traces of fingerprints on the newly cleaned windows, but how one day they will be gone for good and how we will miss them...I often find myself in those situations, or just being frustrated at a day that didn't go "right". I feel like I am too hard on my kids and that maybe I don't always treasure them the way I should....I think it is and will be a constant struggle, but it is those little reminders that help me remember what is truly important...his smile and innocence..... her beauty and thoughtfulness......
These little reminders are what make me happy!

5 comments:

  1. Funny....I heard the same talk and had a different take... My ward just split and they made two retirement communities into the "38th Retirement BRANCH". I'm in a branch! I've had a difficult time, and had to go for an attitude adjustment-Temple. I will miss the children in the Ward. I will miss crying babies, cherieo's, cute kids in cute dress clothes, deacon's etc. You're right enjoy the children! They're sweet, young and innocent! And I miss my Arizona Children a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a confession to make. I still drag out cute poems, drawings and little things you and the boys made me while still in school and before getting too big to think they were corny. For me empty nest syndrome will never end I am afraid, which is why I still have the marker taped to my buffet table that Jonah taped on months ago and a picture Kai drew and taped to my china cabinet 2 years ago. Grandkids are what God gave me to fill my heart again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my favorite talk also! I LOVE the cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! I called you back! Andrew said you were gone! So hopefully he gave you my message! We are doing great, Talan is such a good baby! LIfe has changed now that I have 3 kids! :) It's a good change! I hope you are doing well, and hopefully I will see ya soon. I am not taking him out till his 2 month shots. So we can do lunch after that. Your kids are so stinkin cute!! Love the pics

    ReplyDelete