So my little Jonah has become quite a little sidekick ever since Noelle started school...he is so good and easy to take places...we decided to go to the car wash...or the washcloth as Jonah likes to say. While we were there, he started with loads of questions and inquiries as to why they need to be washed and how it is done...It was a very interesting and quite intellectual conversation..... We made our way outside to wait for the finishing product, and Jonah asked me for some gum...I obliged since he was being such a good boy. As he chewed his wod of gooey grape gum, with his smiling sticky lips he looked at me and saw me chewing and even bigger wod of sticky grape gum...There wasn't much talking as our mouths were full...After a minute of tasting the tanginess, we looked at each other, all smiles, and Jonah says "mom, you a coffee cat!"
"A what?"
"a coffee cat..."
"oh a coffee cat.."
"Did you mean copy cat?"
"no, I meant a coffee cat!"
I couldn't help but laugh. It is in these moments that I love my kids even more....





I like coffee cat better, it doesn't sound like a put down and also it sounds sort of delicious with coffee flavoring and such...I'm working too much and miss my afternoons with Jonah. He is absolutely the best conversationalist I know!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how they put one and one together and come up with a logical substitute? What a little man!
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma B
It is those moments that he will always remember. Being at the car wash and chewing gum with his mom. I love it!
ReplyDelete